Tuesday, February 15, 2011

upcycle 02.15.11


Gapetto and I noticed a dumpster in front of the largest house 
in our neighborhood the other morning

it definitely was worthy of a second look

I didn't remember until 5 pm so I hopped in the car and went back

what a find - a Bernhardt dining room table 
with a double pedestal base

the top had water damage (and I don't need a dining room table)

but the bases were beautiful and connected 
by an unfinished top that the main top attached to

the entire piece weighed about nine million fifty four pounds 
so I went back and recruited Gapetto to help me load it up



isn't the wood beautiful?



they are now cut apart and make lovely bedside tables
so grown up

I haven't decided how I will top them yet
there are round holes for the hardware that attach 
the legs to the top

don't you love them?


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 15, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Blogger SP said...

where's my like button?

 
At February 16, 2011 at 4:04 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

What an awesome find!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home