Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

To say that Halloween is a BIG deal in our house 
would be a gross understatement.

Gapetto and The Bunny Rabbit love it so much 
they can't see straight the entire month of October. 
They began talking of costumes several months 
prior to that. The Bunny decided he wanted to 
be a Clone Trooper this year. I, stupidly, asked 
what the difference between a Clone Trooper 
and a Storm Trooper was. After a lengthly explanation 
through which I instantly glazed over all I know is the 
helmuts are different and the Clone troopers have 
some red on them. 

(Please don't try to educate me further in this, 
please?!?!)

So Gapetto got to work. After reviewing costumes 
at several discount places he announced that he 
could make a better one himself. And he came up 
with an idea for his own costume as well. So he 
began the all important and lengthly procurement 
phase of the project. First he ordered a helmut off 
of eBay - when that arrived the Bunny thought that 
it really needed to be battle-scarred and of course 
Gapetto agreed. There were numerous (at least 
once a day) trips to discount stores, hardware store 
and Michael's (area craft store). Gapetto may be 
the only straight man on a first name basis with 
the Michael's staff.

As the day approached things got rather hectic. 
What with the 8 million decorations we put up 
outside and the finishing of costumes but he 
made it just under the wire.

I give you my very own CLONE Trooper - 
the Bunny Rabbit.

























But the piece de resistance was Gapetto's RocketMan 
costume. I mean the man donned gold lame' tights for 
crissakes! THAT is a dedicated Halloween Freak!
























The fan inside the rocket blows the flame-like things
and of course light shoots out the bottom and from 
his rocket boosters.

(I just might develop a thing for gold lame' tights 
on Gapetto)

This is Bryan and me.
























I like to tease him about the bullet he 
dodged in not having me raise him - 
I mean look at me - I'm a WITCH!

And here is the whole fam-damily.
















That's Bryan, me, Gapetto, Fabulous Sister-In-Law 
and that is my Dolly Llama in front of her, my 
brother-in-law and the Bunny Rabbit.

May all of your Halloweens be Happy!


Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At November 3, 2008 at 1:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. my. goddess. We wore the SAME hat and had the same color face on Halloween. Are you SURE we weren't separated at birth?

 
At November 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM , Blogger (In)Sanity Gal said...

Wow. You guys may be the most hard-core Halloween-celebrators ever. I'm impressed.

 
At November 3, 2008 at 8:04 PM , Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Gepetto is outta this world.

 
At November 5, 2008 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

Gepetto is the bomb! You gotta love those gold tights. And my kids think I'm hopeless in my Star Wars trivia knowledge (or lack thereof).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home