Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The art of the award


Lest Natasha, my friend over at Exile on Mom Street thinks 
me a TOTAL INGRATE I must thank her for the Premios 
Dardo Award she gave me nearly a month ago














Not very timely at these things I am afraid. Her friend 
Christine told her this about said award:

"Given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and 
personal values transmitted in the form of creative and 
original writing... created with the intention of promoting 
fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection 
and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web". 
Pretty fancy, huh? They call it the Smoking Typewriter 
Award. So it is written. So it shall be.

Rule One of accepting this prestigious award calls for me 
to put my name in a Google image search and share the 
results. Turns out there is an artist with my name who 
does some, um, interesting stuff. Check it out.







Now I don't know what you see here or what the artist's 
intention was but what I see is, well:

A Perfectly Formed Turd

And then there was this little number:
















Seems to me that A Perfectly Formed Turd has been 
stretched out a bit, petrified and is holding a young lady's 
legs apart. Um, I got nothin' on this one. Certainly nothing 
fit to print in the same blog mentioning a fancy award. 
Perhaps Blogland would like to provide comments on 
this one?

None of this seems to be very cultural, ethical or literary 
but maybe the inventor of this award never counted on me 
getting it and apparently NEVER Googled my name. So I ask 
you, can I help it if those are the rules? 

And so onward and upward hopefully.

Rule Two of award acceptance calls for me to pass the 
award along to 10 worthy bloggers who also exemplify the 
spirit of the Premios Dardo. Now you'd think this part would 
be easy, I mean if I got it the bar is pretty low here...
(No offense Natasha - you are the bomb!) 
I will do a few anyway...

1. Jim and Wood over at Sweet Juniper! An amazing look at 
life in America's most dangerous city and raising a family in it.
Thought provoking and powerful and amazing photos to boot.

2. Idiot's Stew for allowing us an inside look at a thinking 
man's thoughts.

3. Irish Gumbo ditto on #2 description.

Wow so far they are all men (number one is a husband and wife 
team) - I didn't even follow any men for the first few months...

4. Her Bad Mother Again a thought provoking blog - willing to 
go where no one dares with dignity and grace.

5. KEEP BELIEVING Angie is facing life in the aftermath of 
losing her true love, her soulmate and her husband of nearly 
12 years. Written in letters. Moving. Amazing.

Y'all run off now and read these amazing bloggers. I got 
nothing here...


Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At April 22, 2009 at 9:35 PM , Blogger natasha the exile on Mom Street said...

I'm glad you like your Smokin' Typewriter, Lady!

You deserve it, and now I have other fun peeps to go visit...

 
At April 22, 2009 at 9:48 PM , Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Smoking Typewriter! SO COOL!

So I did a google image search on my name and it turns out that most of the images are actually of me, which is kinda weird, but also there was one of someone called Grandma Catherine Connors, which was maybe weirder ;)

 
At April 22, 2009 at 10:17 PM , Blogger Irish Gumbo said...

MDTS: Thank you for the award! I was lucky to find some time to do some blogging, and there it was!

I am actually afraid to Google my name...maybe some beer would help :)

 
At April 22, 2009 at 10:56 PM , Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Congratulations on your award. You totally deserve it!

 
At April 23, 2009 at 9:26 AM , Blogger natasha the exile on Mom Street said...

Hey Merrily, send me an email at exileonmomstreet at gmail dot com, when you have a minute please!

Pretty please with sprinkles on top!

 
At April 23, 2009 at 2:28 PM , Blogger MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Dude, you rock and totally deserve the blingage!

 
At April 23, 2009 at 7:33 PM , Blogger Ute said...

I love the smoking typewriter. It's so cool. :)

 
At April 25, 2009 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Debbie said...

Well, that artist is interesting, if nothing else!
You have tagged some blogs that sound fascinating. I'll have to check them out.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:56 AM , Blogger su said...

Well congrats on the award.... Did you get a leg lamp?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home