Friday, October 9, 2009

Letter in Mothers Day Card - May '02

Dear Merrily,

Looking through Mother's Day cards, I didn't find many
that applied to us. There were a lot of joke cards and
a lot of cards that thanked moms for cleaning dirty socks
or making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches just right,
but none that said what I wanted to say to you, except
for this card.

"Mother's love is the first gift we know -- and we never
outgrow." My whole life I've been told that somebody
loved me enough to give me away and somebody loved
me enough to take me. I feel like my whole life has been
an extension out of the first love given me - yours.
So even though I've thanked you for this before, I am
thanking you again. Thank you Merrily for my love filled life.

I have to admit that with all the love and gratitude
I feel for you, while writing this, I'm feeling a little sad.

I'm feeling sad because it seems like we're both so busy
and we never have time to talk, let alone see each other.
I miss you, that's why I'm feeling a little sad. So I'm going
to talk to you more and plan a trip out to Atlanta when
it's good for both of us. I still have to meet Bunny and Dolly!
And I'd like to spend some semi-alone time with you
(I know you've got your hands full :).

Congratulations, again, for having the kids.
I know you'll be a wonderful mom to them.
And thank you for everything.

Talk to you soon!

Love,

Bryan


blink, blink, blink


Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At October 9, 2009 at 10:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Each of these takes my breath away all over again.

Thank you.

 
At October 10, 2009 at 10:39 AM , Blogger undercover caterer said...

Is this kid real? I can't imagine my boys writing something so heartfelt and lump-in-throat making.

Very adorable.

 
At October 10, 2009 at 7:00 PM , Blogger Laura - Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy? said...

That's a tear jerker ... again!

 
At October 11, 2009 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Mama Goose said...

Wow. That's one amazing kid. I'm so glad you have each other again.

 
At October 12, 2009 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Wow! What a great letter.

 
At October 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

Just unbelievable! Everything you write pulls at our hearts.

 
At October 23, 2009 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Laura ~Peach~ said...

so very cool...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home