Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Big Reveal

Because I LOVE beautiful houses and have somewhat limited resources for said houses I have learned to renovate.

Yes, I even painted my dorm room - I was one of those.

I have ripped out kitchens, tiled floors and counters and tub decks, landscaped, finished floors - you name it. This project may have gotten the best of me. It took months and months and it grew and grew.

But here is the finished bathroom - looks just like the day it was finished back in 1925.
















































And the dining room...











































































As often happens in renovations one thing led to another and now I find I need to pull all of the painted toe molding and scrape and repaint all of the baseboards and replace the toe moulding with the finished oak variety - it makes my rooms look brand new.

Luckily, like childbirth - the results tend to outweigh and blur the pain.

Oy, my aching back.


Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At December 8, 2009 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Laura - Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy? said...

Gorgeous! Lovely , do you want to come over and do our house?

 
At December 8, 2009 at 4:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the sink and the walls in the dining room most especially!

It just looks so perfect and lovely!!

 
At December 8, 2009 at 7:53 PM , Blogger undercover caterer said...

Very cozy! I love it!

 
At December 9, 2009 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Laura ~Peach~ said...

can i have you for a few months to get things DONE around here...

 
At December 9, 2009 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, I love it. I love the dining room and the furniture in there...and I'm not usually a wall paper fan:)

 
At December 9, 2009 at 1:20 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Very pretty!

 
At December 11, 2009 at 2:30 PM , Blogger Ute said...

Quite lovely. I can't wait to have my own house again, and be able to do whatever the heck I want to. :)

 
At January 19, 2010 at 10:25 PM , Blogger Concord Carpenter said...

The wainscotting wall paneling and top shelf detail in your dinig room is fabulous!

Is it original or did you add it?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home