Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It is always about meme me


I have received my first meme from Laura over 




This is Laura

I don't know whether to thank her or kill her 
but I love that girl and her blog. She makes me 
laugh and laugh and laugh.


7 Things You Don't Know About Me


1.
I am fascinated by disgusting things like 
footage of facelifts with that little exploration 
light way down under the peeled back face, 
popping zits, peeling my dad’s sunburned head 
when I was a little girl, watching true ER stories 
like the guy with the 12 inch blade in his head, 
infections, fiction about serial killers... 
Hello! Are you still there???










2. In second grade I wanted to be a nun – 
a singing nun – like my teacher, Sister Hope.


















and I LOVED THESE MOVIES - THE NUN ONES


3. I have run a marathon distance (26.2 miles) 
a total of 3 times. Two times in the New York City 
Marathon (I know - Glory Days – ’93 and ’94)











4. When I was in 11th grade I decided to tell 
my rather devout Catholic parental units that 
I didn’t believe in God. Which I was considering 
but I mostly wanted to go to an athletic event 
that my boyfriend was in rather than a church thing.











5. I played softball from the time I was 7 until 
I became pregnant with twins and I STILL suck.
























6. Dude – like I started partying in like 8th grade 
(smoking cigarettes and weed and drinking) 
and like, if there is any justice in this world like 
I am sooooo gonna pay for that…










7. I have been skydiving three times. All of 
them tandem free falling which means there 
was a man strapped tightly to my back – a Dive 
Master. When asked about how that was I 
replied ‘He could have been effing me up the 
arse and I wouldn’t have noticed’ - 

onnacounta it was so exciting – 

the free falling that is…
















I don't know who these 2 are but if THAT guy had 
been my dive master I, um, would've noticed if he'd, 
um, done that other thing, 'cuz like, he rocks...

And that girl? If she didn't pee in that suit then 
surely she went Number 2. Could she possibly look 
more terrified?

There you are, 7 things you didn't know about me.

Next, the rules of the meme:

1 - You link back to the person who tagged you 
(me). For me, it was Laura

2 - You get to “tag” 7 people (or less if you’d like) 
and link them on your blog, as I do (below).

3 - Be sure to comment on the blogs of others who 
were tagged. [Oops Laura I haven't done that yet!]


Here are my tags (apologies if you have already 
done this or don't want to do this!) ....





Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At January 14, 2009 at 4:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh a meme! A meme! Okay. I did this once a year or so ago, but I'm not going to repost. I'm going to see what a difference a year makes and do it again from scratch.

 
At January 14, 2009 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Violet said...

Gross, gross, GROSS!! I love all things medical but popping zits? Peeling sunburned skin?? GROSSSSS!!!

(insert sound of intense, yet somehow surprisingly ladylike, wretching here)

 
At January 14, 2009 at 9:57 PM , Blogger OhTheJoys said...

"The way I see it, it's really OUR time, Mr. Hand."

 
At January 15, 2009 at 4:57 AM , Blogger Laura - Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy? said...

That sky diving guy looks FAR too enthusiastic for my liking, He would frighten me!

As for point 1 - I have to watch any sort of medical drama from behind a cushion in case I should see a spot of blood. Let alone if were to see an internal organ at which point I would faint.

 
At January 15, 2009 at 6:23 AM , Blogger su said...

Wow MDS, I am so impressed with your fervor! You rock

 
At January 15, 2009 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Real Live Lesbian said...

Geez, that divemastah is HAWT!

Thanks for the tag, but I *just* did it about a month ago. Told all about my backwards thumbs and how I sing/howl "Over There" with Isaac every morning in the bathroom. Yeah, I could have come up with 107! LOL

Loved your list!

 
At January 15, 2009 at 1:30 PM , Blogger MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

From one hopeful singing nun to another - I LOVED THIS!


Well, excluding the zits bit, of course. :)

 
At January 16, 2009 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Debbie said...

These were undoubtedly the most entertaining seven items I have ever read. Loved them all. And I really have to check out your friends because they sound like they want to me my friends too. (Or maybe I am just hoping - hard to tell).

 
At January 17, 2009 at 8:30 PM , Blogger alice, uptown said...

I think once you hit 40, you start paying back your partying dues, or at least that's how I feel. Who knew? More to the point, who cared? We were going to be young forever, weren't we? I can't imagine what happened....

 
At January 21, 2009 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Jen - Queen of Poo said...

Marathon and skydiving! You rock! I share your fascination for disgusting things. I always thought everyone else did too. Guess not.

 
At January 23, 2009 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Karen said...

I've been so far behind on my blog reading that I'm just getting to this and your other 10 or so most recent posts... I picked this one to comment on because it seems that besides having a blog name in common, we also have the NYC marathon in common too -- back in the day, of course. I ran it in 91 and 92 and have hopes of a 20-year reunion with my in-shape self in 2011. We'll see. Lately when I try to get this 41-year-old body in shape it protests. A lot. But what an awesome experience that was!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home