Friday, January 2, 2009

I want my Happy New Year!

Here I am in a new year - 2009.

I remember when I was in grade school and a teacher 
talked to us about the new millennium. Why - I will be 
forty!!! I will probably have children!!! I might have 
gray hair and wrinkles!!! How totally gross!!!

I want this year to be a great one, I want to remember 
it for the rest of my life because it was great. I want 
the new administration in office. 

I want my hope back. 

I felt it keenly on election night and the following days. 
Then as Christmas approached I felt it fading away. 
I don’t recall it ever being soooooooo long between the 
election and the inauguration.

I woke up on New Year’s Day in about as crabby a mood 
as I ever get. Now what a dumb way to start the new 
year [but slightly better than the incredible hang-overs 
of my younger days]. Soon I realized it had a lot to do with 
cycles and peri-menopause and all of THAT fun stuff but still... 

Today I finished a project at work that has been sticking 
in my craw, not only am I not being paid enough for all I am 
doing but I haven’t been able to get to it because of the 
chilrun being on vacation. 

Siyranara Dumb Project!

So here is my plan. I am going to wake up tomorrow and 
try it again - the whole New Year thing. I am going to look 
forward to the new year. I am going to look forward to 
inauguration day. I am going to be grateful for having 
projects to work on - even if they are dumb. I am going 
to be grateful for beautiful, loving, healthy children.

And maybe - most probably - most certainly - I am going 
to be grateful that Grammy and Poppy will get back from 
their two week stint in Germany that exactly coincided 
with the days my babies had off from school.

All will be right once again. Here is to 2009!


11 Comments:

At January 2, 2009 at 6:32 PM , Blogger Jen - Queen of Poo said...

There ya go! I like that attitude; just start over on the next day. It's never too late to wake up and start over. :-)

 
At January 2, 2009 at 9:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!! Yes, you get a do over...that's the blessed thing about New Year's being on a long weekend...or close to it.

You have finished that project that is sticking in your craw...mine (the 12 of them) are still there and I'm choking on them...but they are not so really important.

I'm thinking of a party on 20 Jan...maybe we can make it a countrywide thing!

 
At January 2, 2009 at 10:34 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

I am counting the days until the new administration is in office. Yippee!

 
At January 3, 2009 at 1:29 AM , Blogger undercover caterer said...

WooHoo! Are you going to do the countdown and drink champagne too?

I can't wait to have a hot president...oh, I mean smart.....

;)

 
At January 3, 2009 at 4:20 PM , Blogger ewe are here said...

Sounds like a good plan.

Have a great New New Year start,

Oh, and for the record, your Fruited Cornish Game Hens tale made both my husband and I giggle.

 
At January 3, 2009 at 5:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh. This is eerily similar to how my new year started out. But I'm with ya sistah! I'm changing my attitude too - going in to 2009 with bells on. At least from this point forward! Yay for us all!

 
At January 4, 2009 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Violet said...

Every day is a new start. I am determined to make 2009 a happier, more positive year than 2008 was and I intend to wake up every morning grateful for all the blessings in my life instead of wishing for the things I don't have.

HAPPY New Year!!

 
At January 5, 2009 at 1:41 PM , Blogger MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I could NOT agree more. I love that attitude, I need to practice that more.

Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year!

 
At January 5, 2009 at 2:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your do-over New Year went better than the actually day! And I hope you have a good 2009!

Thanks for stopping by Lulu's Hook!

PS: the secret to getting it all done is that I don't get it all done... I tend to neglect the house work a bit too much :) but, in the end I manage.

 
At January 5, 2009 at 11:18 PM , Blogger messyfunmommylife said...

good luck on your re-try at new years! It will pwobly be the best year ever! hehe

 
At January 8, 2009 at 11:04 PM , Blogger EatPlayLove said...

Happy New Year, I think you deserve a do over!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home