Sunday, March 15, 2009

Letter to Bryan 7/20/99

Dear Bryan,

I received your beautiful letter yesterday and I think you
did get it just right. And I think you are a handsome devil
even if you do look like me! I would love to see you when
you are in Metropolis of the Deep South and would like to
invite you to stay with us. From what I have read you have
turned out to be a remarkable young man and this is a very
happy and joyous occasion.

I too have thought often about you over the years - certainly
every April 1st and many times in between. It is just incredible
to hear from you and I so look forward to getting to know you.
I wonder who will have more questions? Or if either one of us
will be able to get a word in edgewise. There is so much to
share I think I will just leave it for when you come.

I do want to update you on a few things. I am no longer
married to Mr. In-the-Wrong-Place-at-the-Wrong-Time -
it didn't work out but we parted on pretty good terms.
(he has one of the cats) But I am very happily married to
my soulmate Gapetto and we are hoping to start a family
of our own. I don't have an other children (yet). I do have
a chocolate lab who may as well be my child - that's a
picture of her that I have attached. I'd send you one of
me but don't have one at work.

























You and Melanie are both very welcome in our
home and Gapetto and I would love to have you
stay with us if you feel comfortable with that.
We have a big old house in Mayberry which is about
6 miles from downtown Metropolis of the Deep South
and is a great little town. We are busily renovating
it and would like to show it off to you. You'll be the
first people to see our new kitchen

Bryan, you have given me a great gift along with your
parents. Contacting me and meeting feels so good
to me - it completes something started so long ago
and it starts something wonderful and new. In my
wildest dreams I didn't dare hope for such a wonderful
opportunity. I look forward to hearing from you and
seeing you. Please let me know your travel plans and
dates you might arrive if you can.

Love,

Merrily



[Wasn't it Lawrence Welk who always said wonderful, wonderful?]



Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At March 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

Oh Merrily. Every time I read more of this, I get goosebumps. You are generous to share it with us.

 
At March 16, 2009 at 6:24 AM , Blogger Laura - Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy? said...

How exciting, that first meeting must have been so emotional.

Don't leave it so long before the next installment ...

 
At March 16, 2009 at 6:48 AM , Blogger natasha the exile on Mom Street said...

Thank you for letting us into this so private and so lovely part of your life.

 
At March 16, 2009 at 10:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe Lawrence Welk actually said 'wunnerful, wunnerful"...I love this story, even though I know how it ends.

 
At March 16, 2009 at 1:37 PM , Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Oh, yes! What Debbie said!

 
At March 16, 2009 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I went back and read all of the previous posts tagged Bryan and I am crying. This is such an incredible journey to share.

Thank you.

 
At March 17, 2009 at 8:07 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

Merrily, I am so glad you stopped by and left me a comment. I've read as much as I think I can get by with as I am at work...and now I can't wait to get home to read more. So far, my eyes have welled up with tears five different times. See why I can't read more until I get home? :)

I can already tell that it will be my honor to know you...

 
At March 18, 2009 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Beth Cotell said...

I just love reading these letters! So exciting even though I know how it turns out...

 
At March 20, 2009 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Katie said...

I love reading all the letters as well! Such a great story, I've probably said that a dozen or so times, but I enjoy reading it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home