Friday, January 30, 2009

Reply to the Scouting Letter

The words I hadn't dared hope I might hear [or read]
someday.

I called my sister K, trying to choke out the words...

'He wants to contact me.'

Surely there must be miracles because this is what one
must feel like.

July 15, 1999

[I responded by snail mail AND email to be double sure]

Dear Mom-of-Bryan,

A friend of mine lives in my old duplex and phoned me
yesterday to say that I had received a letter from you.
At first I was frightened that it may be bad news but it
was the most amazing news of all. I would be very
honored to hear from Bryan - it is something I have only
allowed myself to half hope for.

Your note was very sweet and I feel so incredibly grateful
to you for taking him and giving him all the things every
child deserves. I would love to communicate with you as
well. My new address is:

Merrily Down the Stream
Cute-1925-House-Under-Constant-Renovation
Deep South

I look forward to hearing from both of you and I am so
happy you are all well.

Sincerely,

Merrily



and now I wait...



Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At January 30, 2009 at 9:16 AM , Blogger ewe are here said...

Oh the wait... the agony... the cautious hope and excitement...!

 
At January 30, 2009 at 9:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh... even though I know the ending...I still love reading the story.

 
At January 30, 2009 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Mama Goose said...

Thank you for sharing this journey with us...

 
At January 30, 2009 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

You know I love when you give us these little snippets.

 
At January 30, 2009 at 11:42 PM , Blogger ~Jamie said...

WOW! That is so exciting though! good Luck! It will all work out!

 
At January 31, 2009 at 2:58 PM , Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Life changes in an instant!

 
At February 1, 2009 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Anna Lefler said...

Oh, man. Your blog just lays me out every time. In a really good, amazing way.

Sending hugs.

:^) Anna

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home