Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Letter Dated August 6, 1999

Dear MOB,


OK - you're going to think I'm a kook but I do have some questions. What is he like? What does he like to do? (are these broad, sweeping questions, or what?) I'm trying to locate Braves tickets - I actually got some but they are nosebleed seats but I have several people on it. I just assume everybody loves baseball but of course, I didn't follow it till I lived around a winning team! Is Melanie his girlfriend? Does he do athletic kind of things? I seem to remember that when I signed the papers that Dan was a golf pro - does Bryan like to golf? (we don't but we could point them to a course) Do they like museums, art, music?


As the time gets closer I seem to get calmer - this has all happened so fast, if someone had told me a month ago that Bryan would be at our house next Sunday I would not have believed it. I think it is better that it is happening quickly - I tend to over think things instead of just waiting and letting them develop as they may. At first I was so concerned that I wouldn't live up to what ever he may be looking to find but then I realized I have no idea what he expects, nor he I. I just am happy for the opportunity to meet him and get to know him and love him for what ever he is. And I look forward to meeting you as well and I appreciate so much your openness to all of this and your openness with me. I finally put those books away - they were kind of spooky and were full of weird situations that are so unlike this. Bryan is very happy being adopted and loves you both and I was not forced to do anything nor do I have regrets about my decision*. It seems the books are written by people who were really affected by the closed adoption process and/or were put into bad situations. Maybe you and I can write a book about this one!


In the meantime we are busting our butts on the kitchen - the plumber and the electrician come early next week to install appliances and light fixtures - the kitchen will be finally up and running after 6 or 8 weeks! I can't wait to cook again!


I look forward to hearing from you and I look forward to their arrival...


Love,


Merrily


*Lest you believe me on this - don't. This decision was very painful and has had LONG repercussions emotionally...

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 4, 2010 at 7:09 PM , Blogger Laura ~Peach~ said...

how cool that your letter was on my birthday :)
yes it has lasting life changing consequenses... for all sides of the triad...
HUGSSSSSS
Laura :)

 
At August 10, 2010 at 10:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck. I hope it's one of those experiences that leaves everyone satisfied.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home