Monday, May 11, 2009

Letters dated July 22 and 23, 1999

Hi Merrily,

I was so excited to hear back from you. Well, the tentative date of our arrival in Atlanta on Sunday August 15th. We PLAN to get there in the afternoon, around 4:00. Would it be alright if we came straight to our house? We PLAN to leave Atlanta Saturday August 21st. Of course everything is flexible.

Melanie and I would love to stay at your big old house. I don't mean
to impose the whole week on you. We can easily make other arrangements. My mom insists that I warn you about my eating habits. I'm a strict vegetarian (vegan), I don't eat any meat of any kind (beef, chicken, fish) or dairy or butter or any product or ingredient that is animal derived. I'll be happy to shop for myself while I'm there.

Could you email me back with directions to our home as well as your phone number (in case we are late or get lost)? I wish I had more time to write you but I type with one finger and I have a seven and a nine year old boy waiting for me downstairs. (I'm babysitting.)

Hope to hear from you soon.

Bryan
* * * * * * *

Dear Bryan,

Thanks for the warning - that will help determine my menu plans. Gapetto and I are both so excited that you are coming. Be forewarned it is HUMID here and usually in the low 90's. You'll do some sweating!

Directions to our house:

[deleted]

[phone numbers

I hope you and Melanie have a safe and wonderful trip. Call if you need us or to let us know that you are close. I imagine there might be some awkwardness in some of this but we can work through it together. There is an awful lot of catching up to do and I am really looking forward to it.

If your allergies will bother you let me know, it's not a problem to make this a cat-free house while you're here. Are you allergic to dogs too? We could make arrangements there too if need be.

See you soon!

Love

Merrily


Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At May 11, 2009 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Laura - Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy? said...

More more more!!!

 
At May 11, 2009 at 10:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way you give us this in little pieces reminds me of how Charlie Bucket eats his candy bar! Just a little nibble here and there because it's just too decadent to gobble it down all at once!

 
At May 11, 2009 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love these letters.
I love that you're sharing them with us!

Thank you!

 
At May 11, 2009 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Laura ~Peach~ said...

more...MORE MORE!!!! i have some letter like these somewhere...dated april 92... hummm wonder where they are.
ps i do believe I am the odd ball texting you along with 500 others when bradley was coming....come see him on my blog

 
At May 11, 2009 at 2:39 PM , Blogger undercover caterer said...

I can't wait for the next one!

 
At May 12, 2009 at 1:30 AM , Blogger Jen - Queen of Poo said...

How exciting! So, is Bryan still a vegan?

 
At May 12, 2009 at 8:00 AM , Blogger su said...

Has you relationship resurfaced? I surely hope so. He seems like a fine young man and so lucky to have 2 wonderful Mums.

 
At May 13, 2009 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Do share more, please.

 
At May 13, 2009 at 11:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok...is thid boy still a vegan? If so, Auntie Linda needs to talk to him about the virtues of bacon. Even my Jewish husband could not resist...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home